Saturday, March 28, 2015

A Homeschooler's Life - I Need More Time




As I have shared before, I also work part-time.   I have a paper route in the wee hours of the morning....like leaving the house at 2:30 am!!!   We are also night owls.   We all love to stay up late.  It is like we get our second wind come 8 pm and are ready for another 12 hours.   Can anyone relate? 

So you can imagine how difficult it is to get to sleep "early" to do the papers.  Yeah, never works.  We end up sleeping in after the route is done until almost noon.   Homeschooling then ensues.   There is a small window of time left before:
- dinner....oh dinner...."what are we having?" That night by night struggle with "what to have for dinner".   
-baths/showers
-family time - game/tv/movie/etc

So after I took a hard look at my juggling act (check out my post "A Homeschooler's Life - Juggling Act"), I realized that I needed more time. 
So I:
-dropped one of my paper routes so we are now only doing papers for 3-4 hours instead of 6-7. 

-working on getting all of us to bed earlier so we get up earlier after our "post paper nap"

-changed some chores to "everyone chip in" chores

-freezer meals

(I will be doing a post in the next few days about our "Freezer Meal Adventure".  I think you will love it and be inspired!!!)

How is it working??   Fantastically!!  I already feel like we have gained at least 12 more hours.  The best part is that I am able to give the kids more playtime and me more "me" time.  That is always an awesome thing!

Are you looking for some more time?  Share the things YOU have done to help give you and your loves more time.   

No comments:

Post a Comment