Sunday, November 29, 2015

Homeschool Co-op - Let's Try This Again


Last year, I started a co-op. Everything was free with 100% parental involvement. I had GREAT ideas, but maybe a bit big to start with.   I was teaching cooking class, US Geography, Literate and Create, and Gym!!    With the crazy sleeping schedule due to delivering papers and trying to homeschool MY loves, it quickly fell apart.  My heart broke as I have wanted to start a co-op for at least 5 years. 

In June, we delivered our last paper.  I was talking to a friend of mine about bringing Mr. Man to her for shop-like classes.  She is awesome with woodworking and had already worked with him doing mosaics.   SHE brought up the idea of doing a co-op again this year....but alot more simpler.  I knew the families that I wanted to participate from last year and a new homeschool family  moved into the area that I wanted to join as well.  

This year I am only teaching 2 classes!  I am doing the Cooking class, again, because it was all the kids' favorite class from last year,  and the Younger Shop class.   There is also an Art class, Older Shop class, and once a month we go to our local library for Library Skills class.   Our student's ages range from 15 to 3 years old.  EVERYONE participates and we have a wonderful time.   

I decided to start blogging about each week's Cooking Class.  Again, the ages are 15-3 years old, so I need to find recipes that will have everyone doing something.  For the most part, we can accomplish this.   Also, we have one child with gluten issues, one child with a corn allergy, and a couple with lactose issues.   I try very hard to find recipes that will allow all to eat.   So if there are substitutes, I will share them!   

I know these recipes work for kids as we have done them!   I hope you will enjoy the recipes and do some with your loves.   

No comments:

Post a Comment