Monday, January 4, 2016

DIY Toilet Paper Roll Wreath Craft

My boys are in 4-H and I was lucky enough to be able to do THIS DIY craft with them.  First I had to make a model to bring.  Here is how I did it.






What you need:
acrylic paint any colors. 
 (I did a rainbow one.  You can do a green one with red pom poms for "berries". Or you can do a silver, white, and light blue on for a winter theme.)
paper towel rolls or toilet paper rolls. 
(I used paper towel rolls 5-6 of them.  You need 5 sections to make each "cluster".  I had 8 "clusters" for the base wreath. I should have used maybe two more.)
glue gun
buttons or pom poms or whatever YOU would like to decorate your wreath
(I used buttons from the Dollar Tree)

Step 1: flatten each tube.  cut the tubes into 1/2 -3/4 inch wide sections.  Remember you will need 5 sections per "cluster" -8-10 "clusters" per wreath


.

Step 2 : paint each tube section. You can have your "clusters" all one color, or mix and match them. I did a different color for each "cluster".







Step 3 : using the hot glue gun, glue the sides to attach each section into 1 "cluster".



Step 4: using the hot glue gun, glue the "clusters" together to make the base wreath.





Step 5 : using the hot glue gun, now make a smaller wreath, about 5-7 "clusters".



Step 6 : Add your buttons or pom poms or whatever you have found to decorate your wreath.  I used buttons.


base wreath

smaller wreath



Step 7 : .  using the hot glue gun, attach the smaller wreath onto the base wreath.







These wreaths are a great DIY craft for anytime!  Save up your rolls for now on and start creating a wreath for every holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment