Thursday, December 31, 2015

A Different Kind of Stuffed Mushroom

I have made MY version of stuffed mushrooms in the past for New Year's Eve.  I usually cheat and use stove top stuffing...BUT no one here likes stuffing but me and my girl.  
Soooo this year, I asked the guys what they would like as stuffing for the mushrooms:
1. steak
2. bacon
3. cheese
4. more cheese



I "compromised" with this:



They may not LOOK pretty, but I promise you they taste yummy!!

My stuffing:

diced mushrooms (from the stems)
diced onions
hamburger
hand shredded aged sharp cheddar cheese

I cleaned each mushroom and cut the stems off.  I then "scooped" out the stem inside the cap so there was room for the stuffing

I sprayed the bottom of a baking dish with canola and added them. 

I diced up the mushroom stems and onions.   I cooked them with the hamburger in a fry pan.  Drained out the oil.

Then I stuffed the mushrooms with the stuffing. Drizzled some butter on top of each and then put a nice heaping amount of shredded cheese on top of each one. 

Baked them uncovered in a 350 degree oven for about 15-20 minutes.  I even added more cheese on the ones that looked a bit "bare".   

I then put a paper towel on a plate and then placed the stuffed mushrooms.

DELICIOUS


 Some things I would have done differently:
1- added more salt and pepper
2 - cooked them a bit longer in the oven
3 - turned the oven to broiler

No comments:

Post a Comment