Tuesday, December 15, 2015

A Homeschooler's Life - Momma , You Need A Time Out to T.A.L.K.








I am a huge fan of Todd Wilson - The Family Man. I have shared other comics of his in posts before.  I saw this one the other day and at first I laughed.  I laughed because, of course, it is funny. It is something my oldest son would say.   I , too, have been like "this" during a math class, or two, or three math classes......science classes.....language classes....history......,etc.  Then, I stopped laughing. 

I started remembering back to those certain times and how my boys might have seen me.  What I needed was to not let the "beast" out.  I needed to give myself a TIME OUT.   And more importantly, a TIME OUT without guilt.   

I think we all have been there: We think we should be this perfect mom, wife, homeschooler and never lose our tempers or get frustrated.  That is never going to happen.  Yet, so many homeschooling mommas I talk to feel guilty because they can't keep it  together .....all day.....every day.     

Hey mommas, truth is...we are imperfect!  Hormones, financial anxieties, sickness, fluxes in our marriages, etc. weigh on us every day.  SOME days we CAN keep that "beast" inside and have the patience of a saint.  Others, we just can't.   That is when we need a TIME OUT. 



It goes like this: "Ok, everyone, we are gonna take a 10 minute break and regroup."   Then go somewhere away from the kids and T.A.L.K. to God.

T - Tell Him everything going on. He already knows it, but loves spending time with you.

A - Ask Him to take away the frustration, anger, guilt, weariness you are feeling. 

L - Listen for Him to speak to your heart. 

- Keep holding onto His promises.  There are so many of them!  

Momma just remember what Lamentations 3:22-23 says: "The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness."



No comments:

Post a Comment