Saturday, December 6, 2014

Low Fat Chicken and Mushroom Pasta Recipe

Recently had my cholesterol checked and it was NOT good! And no wonder with Mr. Man making me such delicious brownies!  What was I suppose to do??? NOT eat them??  I think that might be a sin! ;) 


So, since I have indulged too much, and not watched what I ate...I now have to do some changing.  I don't do well with change, but it must be done!   God gave me this body, and I need to take care of it to do His work!  

I have been looking at labels till I thought my eyes might fall out...but it is all apart of this new journey.  Tonight, at the store, a wonderful dish was formulating in my mind.  I bought all the ingredients and couldn't wait to try it!  

Here are all the ingredients I used: 


The Campbell's golden mushroom's label.  These are good numbers!!!!



This is the chicken broth label!




We used: 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts cut into medium sized cubes   
1 package of white mushrooms cut into thick slices
Mr. Man, my sous chef!!! 



Put about 2 tablespoons or so of olive oil and 3 large spoonfuls of minced garlic (we like alot of garlic) in the pan set on medium heat. 






We added the mushrooms



And then the chicken



We cooked it until it the chicken was white and some of the juices were coming out.  About 10 - 15 minutes.   Stirring often.



We started the water for the angel hair pasta.   While the chicken was cooking. 




We then added in the Campbell's Golden Mushroom soups.





We filled 1 can half way with the chicken broth and added it in. 




Then we mixed it all up and let it simmer while we waited for the the pasta to cook.




And....VOILA!!!   It was delicious.  I can't believe that low fat, low cholesterol could taste this good.  If you try this recipe, will you let me know?  Post a comment or go to my Facebook page and let me know how it came out! 






No comments:

Post a Comment