Tuesday, January 6, 2015

A Homeschooler's Life - Support Your Homeschooling Mama




Being a homeschooling mama is such a blessing.  There are times that I can't imagine a day that I might have chosen a different lifestyle.  

Then there are those days where I am spent....S-P-E-N-T: physically, emotionally, and spiritually.  
In those moments, it is the most vital to have a good support system around you.  You can NOT do this all on your own.   You need someone to talk and share your heart.   

Many times I have thought - "I am failing them", "Why did I choose to do this?", "I can't take one more minute of this!".   
I know I am not alone in this thinking.   I will tell you, though, that my GOOD days outweigh my bad days.  

If you have no kind of support for you, Mama, seek some out.  A local church, a local homeschooling co-op or groups, or even Facebook homeschooling groups .   Any kind of connection with someone who has TRULY walked in your shoes  

If it wasn't for my relationship with God and some homeschooling friends who are gracious enough to listen to me rant about a bad day, I would have gone insane. 

If you know someone who homeschools, come beside them.   Encourage them, take their kids to get an ice cream for a little "Mama alone" time, or make a dinner for them.   There are may ways you can support them.

So build your support system, Mama.  I will be praying for you...for all of us.