Monday, November 17, 2014

Leaf Man Came To Co-op!


I teach a class called "Literate and Create" in our co-op.  I really LOVE finding great books to read to my Pre-K - 3rd graders and adding in a fun craft.  Sometimes I see a great craft on Pintrest and then go find a book to go with it! 

One week I picked "Leaf Man" by Lois Ehlert.  It is an awesome book about a leaf man being taken by the wind and traveling over and through different places : ponds, fields, mountains, etc.   Each place is created with leaves.  Such imagination and creativity!   LOVE!  





I made sure to tell the kids to bring in CLEAN leaves to the next class.  Then we also went  out around our building and found acorns and even more leaves to use!   I gave the kids white paper and told them to make whatever they saw in the leaves.  Oh, what great leave creations we had!!  Watching their imaginations come to life on that paper.   Ahhhhhhh.........   LOVE!



BubbyDooDoo Bear decided he wanted to make his OWN Leaf  Man. 




Great job!!!